Hatha and Vinyasa Flow Yoga Teacher
Nicki is a fully trained yoga teacher and massage therapist with over 12 years experience. Starting in 2003 with a Hatha yoga teaching diploma from the Yoga Therapy and Training Centre, N Ireland, she followed this up a broad range of massage qualifications, then later with level 1 and 2 teaching certificates in Vinyasa Flow Yoga. Yoga is her passion and she runs weekly beginner & intermediate classes in various centres including at TDR Academy, Ballyclare. Nicki strongly believes that yoga and massage therapies can be of benefit to everyone.
MY PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIP
Courses completed to date:
- Diploma in yoga teaching Yoga Therapy & Training Centre 2003
- Certificate in Swedish Massage (VTCT level 3) BIFHE 2004
- Diploma in Body Massage (VTCT level 3) BIFHE 2004
- Diploma in Indian Head Massage (VTCT level 3) BIFHE 2004
- Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology (VTCT level 3) BIFHE 2004
- Diploma in Sports Massage (VTCT level 3) Bangor FE College 2005
- Diploma in Aromatherapy (IFPA) BIFHE 2005
- Diploma in Onsite (Acupressure) Massage AOCT 2006
- Certificate in Thai Massage School of Thai Massage, London 2009
- Level 1& 2 Vinyasa Flow Teacher Training Vinyasa Flow Yoga, Dublin 2008/9
- Certificate in Yoga for Adults with Special Needs Special Yoga Foundation, London 2016
I have also attended the following CPD/shor ourses from 2004 to date:
- An introduction to Ayurveda
- Ayurvedic diagnosis and IHM oils
- Biodynamic holistic facial
- Yoga for children
- Yoga for special needs
- Understanding Anxiety
- Aromatherapy for Pain & Inflammation
- Shiatsu workshops
- Aromatherapy for Cancer Patients
- Yoga for Cancer Patients
- Autism Spectrum – an introduction
- Yoga for Lower Backs
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga Intensive with Jason Crandell
- Numerous other regular Yoga workshops regularly and intensives with senior internationally recognised teachers and experts such as Annie Carpenter, Leslie Kaminoff, Maty Ezraty and Alexandra Crowe.
I am also fully insured to practice with Yoga Link.
- A number of years with the Belfast Trust and various community organisations to provide massage & relaxation sessions and Special Needs Yoga for adults with physical and learning difficulties and Chair Yoga for the elderly and Chest, Heart & Stroke sufferers.
- Yoga Instructor for Antrim Borough Council’s Fit and Active over 50’s programme and WISPA, and teaching Yoga in various centres.
- Nicki has provided yoga, massage and relaxation sessions for many other corporate and community organisations and initiatives including, Belfast City Council, Belfast Education & Library Board, PriceWaterhouse Coopers, Northern Ireland Audit Office, East Belfast Community Development Agency, Law Centre (NI), Community Pharmacy project, Chinese Welfare Association, Women’s Aid, Surestart, Crescent Arts Centre Outreach programme.
- Teaching, in a pilot study, relaxation techniques to primary school children, provided classes for NIAMH (Northern Ireland Action for Mental Health) Live and Learn programme.
- From 2004 to 2015 was a part time tutor in the Community Education department, Belfast Metropolitan College teaching Yoga and also OCN level 1 Indian head massage.
Thank you for taking the time to get to know a little about me. I look forward to seeing you at TDR Academy.