Another year has whizzed by and the Ballyclare May Fair is back on this Saturday for a week from 19th - 26th May! Will you be coming over to take a dander and join in the fun?
As is the tradition, the fair will kick off with the traditional horse fair in Six Mile Water Park. This is one of the few horse fairs left in Northern Ireland, although it’s much more than horse trading nowadays. There will be family activities, a local food and crafts market, live music in the evening, Mayor's parade, sports events and exhibitions - something for everyone! And around the town, local shops compete for the best-dressed window - which one do you prefer?
The Big Race!
One of the highlights for us is the Mayfair 10k Race and 5k Fun Run, organised by the Co. Antrim Harriers on Saturday 26th May 2018 at 10.00am. There’s still time to book through Athletics NI before entries close on 20th May.
We’re delighted to say that Gary and Tanya will be there to supporting the Co. Antrim Harrier's event and the runners by providing FREE injury advice and post-event sports massage on the day (10-15 minute sessions approximately). Spaces are limited and last just 10-15 minutes. Donations are very welcome for this service, with suggestions at £5, which will be donated to the running clubs nominated charity again. They’ll be in the function room upstairs in the rugby club, near the fire exit - call over and say hello! Although if it's a very sunny day - they may just take advantage and set-up outside!! Come and say hi!!
Getting Parked Next Week!
All classes and appointments are as normal all week - just allow a little more time for parking. The Council tell us that:
- From 9.30am on Tuesday 22 May to 12am on Sunday 27th May, Harrier Way car park and street will be closed to traffic.
- Tuesday 22 May - Due to the May Fair taking place, the Main Street will be closed from 9.30am to 5.30pm from Avondale Drive to the Square.
- The Ballyeaston Road will be closed from 5.30pm to 8.30pm to facilitate the Soapbox Derby Race. Cars should not park on the road during the day to allow for set up. Signage will be in place.
- The Square Car Park will also be closed on Tuesday 22nd May and Saturday 26th May and will be partially open throughout the May Fair Festival on other days.
- Limited free parking spaces will be available at Sixmile Leisure Centre from Sunday 20th May through until Sunday 27th May to facilitate the May Fair amusements.
- The public should use the local Presbyterian Church car parks off the Doagh Road throughout the Festival and on Saturday 26th May, additional car parking is available at Ballyclare High School.
Tanya will post some updates through the week on our FaceBook pages if any different scenarios present on parking! Keep an eye out!!